Welcome to my website! I’m an author, journalist, spoken word artist, advocate, photography enthusiast and educator. Currently, employed by a nonprofit organization I love, writing for a community press and trying to persuade my utility companies to accept poems in exchange for cash payments. I appreciate the creative, beautiful, ugly, traditional and progressive gifts life has to offer and almost anything purple. I enjoy finding new ways to be creative but mostly, I love to write. Like my work, I am always evolving. So, welcome to the home of my latest literary project and click here for the inside scoop on my book From Collards to Callaloo: Poems & Letters to Assata (Available at amazon.com). Here on my website you’ll also find news on upcoming writing projects and events, a view from my fourth eye; my digital photography and ways to stay in touch through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Clubhouse and Email.
- Getting to know the woman behind the words.
- Learning about L’Monique’s latest book.
- Seeing things through different lenses.
- Staying up-to-date on upcoming events and projects.
- Connecting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Email.